Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What I've learned about myself...

In spite of several craptasitic days in a row...
and unrelenting heat...(where is fall????)
a crumbling tooth...
headaches, new meds and a new personal best in the category of whining...
trying to learn to do without sugar AND salt...and...and...and...and...and...
I have learned several things about myself...
ready for a list?
I still adore my family and friends...and

still believe that I can make a difference...
I continue to be charmed by children...

I know that forgiveness is too hard sometimes but necessary for growth...

I get to see miracles if I am paying attention...

still delight in the beginnings and endings of days...


and can hope for hope to return...
I am grateful you all stop by and check on me!

What have you learned about yourself?

And did you know that not only did Leonard Cohen release a new CD on September 14, but Eric Clapton has one coming out on September 28 AND Leon Russell and Elton John have a CD coming out October 14 called..."Union" can't wait!

4 comments:

studioJudith said...

No sugar - no salt -
no wonder you've got headaches!
That's a tall order you've taken on.
I salute you, my dear brave friend.
What I've learned about myself . . .
frankly, it's too late to ponder.

sweet dreams

jjjj

Unknown said...

By this list is should be apparent that you are a special person.

I learned that as beautiful as the full moon is, it kept me up all night...and I need sleep.

OK, and maybe I am stressing about Ghost Ranch a bit, but anxious none the less!

x..x

Parabolic Muse said...

Oh, that one about hope is really good. I hope for hope to return, too.

I guess I've learned that I'm not as good a multi-tasker as I once thought. It can be stress-making.

Love that moon!

A.Smith said...

I have learned that reality is usually bigger than our dreams and our fears.

That I hate chemo because it claims a high price - my ability not to be as tired as I am when I am doing it.

That I love my peeps with a kind of loving I didn't know I could feel for people I haven't met in "real life" (what other kind is there, btw?)

I have learned that I can grow magnificent plants from tiny seeds and that I love it when you come and visit and talked about what we both love in common. I have learned to love you for yourself and all you stand for.

I have learned that I am not good at forgiveness but I am superb at forgetting whatever wrong may have fallen upon me. I am happy with that. What I refuse to remember continues to be the best part of the whole thing.

Hugs from here, as always