Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Look what I found

This is winter Jasmine blooming not far from my house. Beautiful and so hopeful. And so with apologies to all my friends and family in the frozen North... it's finally WARM here!! Not consistently or really warm, but enough that I can think about dumping socks. I am thrilled. Now if it will only get clear enough tonight for me to see the lunar eclipse, I will be a happy camper. I live in New Mexico for a reason. I like the warmth and the heat and the many, many days a year of sunshine. I am affected by the weather, really, really affected. Maybe I don't want to look very far for light, eh? Maybe I need that consistant shining to really see what I need to. I don't know, but I know I hate wearing socks and coats and generally feel better all around when the sun is shining. If I lived somewhere else, I know I would be carrying around one of those sunlight machines like a water bottle. I wonder if enlightenment is as easy as staying in the sunlight? Do I begin to take advantage of living in the land of enchantment, knowing that the light will still be there if I don't choose to look at something that needs attending to? "Oh, there will be more light tomorrow, I'll deal with it then." A little Scarlett O'Hara creeping in! I don't know. I do know, I am delighted it is getting warmer, days are getting longer, I can start shedding layers that keep me apart from the elements and looking forward to seeing more light. Here's to warmth and light in your life, with or without winter Jasmine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh!! I have been LOOKING and looking for a sign like this!

None here yet, but if you have warm weather it is surely headed my way...