Friday, August 8, 2008

Finale 08-08-08

Just a quick post, no pictures although I did carry my camera around all night,
THE SHOW WAS FABULOUS!!
Old friends, new friends,
good food and
the best surprise EVER..
my niece and nephew flew in from Denver just for the show
and boy was I surprised!!
I alternated between sobbing and grinning most of the night.
I also SOLD 5 of the 8 pieces, (some to strangers!!!)
had wonderful conversations with wonderful people,
carried cauliflower in my pocket most of the night,
thought at one point I was having a stroke,
only to realize my phone
was on vibrate
in my pocket...
about an hour later!

Thanks for all the good wishes,
it was the best 08-08-08 I have ever had.
We are thinking of doing 10-10-10,
hummm maybe that too far away.
Smooches,
Leau,
the happy girl

3 comments:

ElectricNomad studios said...

Hi,
I'm glad to see your show went fabulous!!! I'm sorry I didn't make it, I couldn't find the place and then the rain of the apocalypse started to come down. Needless to say, I ended up going back home :( wish I could have been there to see opening night in all it's glory. Congratulations on the success!
Sandra

Unknown said...

So happy the show was a success and that you had fun!!!

Sales to strangers.....priceless

paris parfait said...

So thrilled to hear your show was a huge success! The patrons who bought your art are lucy, lucky, lucky! What a terrific surprise visit from your niece and nephew! I am looking forward to the day I get to see some f your fabulous art in person! xoxox