Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yep, I was right


There is the coolest store ever in Bethesda Maryland!! It's called Accessories of Old. I went twice for all of 10 minutes to take pictures and visit with the lovely Andrew. I didn't get to meet the lovely Lisa but I did get to appreciate her lovely creations. Here are some of the high lights...

appliques, bakelite items, beads, braids, bridal fashions

buckles/closures, buttons, celluloid accessories

Dress/fur clips, earrings, gifts made by Lisa

hair accessories, jacquard, lace, marcasite items
motifs/patches, necklaces, pins/brooches, ribbons

sequins by the strand!!!, trims, vintage craft items

vintage kitchenware, and so much more!!

I loved it all!! I wanted it all! I didn't have time to pick out anything!

And they have a web site: www.accessoriesofold.com (link works now!!!)

and a blog that you can get to from the web site

Check out the article in Bethesda Magazine all about them on their web site. I am so going there and picking out one of each thing...as soon as I can figure out what to do with all this loveliness.
What a bright spot in my brief, intense trip to Maryland!
And have I used enough exclamation points in this post?!!!

1 comment:

LTG said...

Wow Leau!!!!!!! (in keeping with the exclamatory nature of the post) Love it!!!!!! I wanna go...with $2,000 dollars in my pocketbook. :)